Hello Sunset Families,
Spring is in the air (despite the occasional rain and wind storms) and as we gear up for more outside activities we are excited to announce the Sunset Primary Fun Run on Wednesday, May 14th!
Each year our PTSO invests over 2000 hours and $20,000 on literacy programs (like book week authors, literacy intervention, and library materials), technology, teacher supplies, student support, arts and music, science, PE, and community events. The Fun Run is a school community event that supports those programs through a combination of fitness and fundraising:
- We focus on healthy living and establishing fitness routines into our lifestyles.
- We raise money for the PTSO programs, which Sunset parents and teachers agree is essential to our students’ growth and success.
- We get to support the kids, interact with parents and teachers and spread our Eagle Spirit!
In order to make this a successful event and fundraiser we need YOUR help.
We need sponsors to defray costs related to executing the Fun Run so that every dollar raised goes directly to supporting the school. It is an excellent opportunity for local businesses to promote and advertise, which makes the sponsorship mutually beneficial. Families can sponsor and donate too! Whatever you are able to provide would be much appreciated. All contributions are tax-deductible and you will be given a receipt upon delivery of your donation.
Sponsorship opportunities include:
- Event Sponsors (5 available at $250 each): company name/logo on the Fun Run banner and participant water bottles or other items. Signage would also appear on the PTSO website and publications.
- Healthy snacks for the students
- Lunch for the volunteers
- Incentive prizes (such as trinkets or gift cards to local establishments)
- Decorations/event supplies
We need volunteers to help things run smoothly on May 14th. it’s a great way to support all the kids in their efforts by being there to cheer them on. You can sign up to help with:
- Set-up and take-down
- Water stations
- Stretching exercises
- Maintaining schedules
More detailed information and fundraising packets will be sent home on Friday, April 25th.
If you are interested in sponsorship opportunities, please email Christina Woehl at email@example.com. If you are interested in volunteering your time, please contact PJ Clark at firstname.lastname@example.org. Any other questions, contact Kristen Van Tuyl at email@example.com.
Thank you for your consideration. It is a community effort to make the Fun Run successful and memorable for our students, and further our investments in enriching the education of our children.