May Meeting Minutes

PTSO Meeting Minutes

May 1, 2018

Meeting called to order at 8:05 AM. The meeting was streamed on Facebook.

Handouts

The following handouts were provided:

  • Financial Report
    • PTSO April 2019 Meeting Minutes
    • Meeting Agenda
    • PTSO Board Descriptions

Attendance

Sarah Tycast, Laurie Hurley, Adam Deglmann, Liz Jacob, Jeff Jacob, Katie Norquist, Cheryl Fretz, Shannon Ilas, Sara Rotkowski, Michelle Wilson, Erin Weis

Meeting minutes from April 2019 were approved.

Principal Update

The school year is wrapping up and the staff is thinking about class placements. The school sent out the placement forms for parents to fill out. Ms. Wilson indicated that there may be classroom blends again next year as the administration addresses class sizes.

Ms. Wilson cancelled the parent coffee because not enough parents indicted they would attend. Ms. Wilson is considering this for next fall.

Field Day is coming up. The students have been running and practicing so they are in good shape for it.

May 20th is volunteer appreciation day. All volunteers can come and enjoy what the staff has planned for them.

Assessments will start soon, and Ms. Wilson asked that kids get a good breakfast and lots of sleep.

Kindergarten orientation is May 16th. There are approximately 40 kindergartners signed up, but the final number could be greater.

The following events have new dates: the 5th grade celebration is June 7th, Field Day is June 10th, and the Kindergarten promotion is June 10th.

Financial Report

Katie Norquist gave the financial update.

Pizza bingo was held in April and exceeded our income estimates. Expenses are still coming in but that event is expected to break even.

Family Fitness was held in March and was on budget.

The play was held in March and came in under budget (a $700 loss instead of a budgeted $1,000 loss). The 5th grade class worked concessions and added $419 to their graduation money.

Last year’s surplus and money raised from Fill the Jars was spent on (1) headphones for three classrooms (around $1,500), (2) the art garden project (around $400 so far), and (3) the Sunset Garden (around $1,500). We will have additional expenditures for the art garden project.

We are still getting teacher and work room reimbursements.

Overall, we are currently under budget on the expense side.

Fun Run Update

Fun Run income from the sponsors and slips is over $8,000. The Fun Run has enough volunteers for Friday. Parents are reminded to have their child bring a water bottle with the childs name on it. Sonny the mascot will make an appearance. The course will have bubbles and limbo to add some fun to it. Liz Jacob will get a bubble machine and pick up the T-shirts. Shannon will pick up popsicles and the kids can eat those on the playground. Music will be played through the PA or, if it’s too loud/bothersome for the neighbors, through a portable speaker. Erin Weis will bring a playlist. Teachers will give the kids the Fun Run T-shirts on Friday.

Teacher Appreciation Update

Erin Weis asked that classroom liaisons help decorate doors for teacher appreciation. She and Frances Araujo will decorate the specialist’s doors. Kids can write notes and color flowers to put in buckets. Last year there was a table with flowers for kids to color while the parent volunteers decorated the doors.

Erin went over the list of each day for teacher appreciation. They need volunteers for Wednesday for the snack bar. Parents can bring in food for the snack bar on Tuesday if it’s easier since there is no school on Wednesday. Sarah Tycast will pick up lunch on Thursday for the staff. Volunteers will collect wine on Friday for those that signed up. Erin mentioned that there was a raffle for prizes. There are great prizes for the teachers, but not enough for every teacher. She was going to double check her list to see if we have enough volunteers for everything.

Bus driver appreciation will have a banner that all the kids will sign. They need a volunteer to stand with it while the kids get off the bus. Laurie Hurley said she will sign up for that.

2019-2020 Board Positions

Jeff Jacob said that we have board positions available for the next school year. Cheryl Fretz’ husband will be the treasurer unless someone else wants to do it. Jeff talked about how it was a great year and very enjoyable. Shannon Ilas said that joining the board is a good way to meet new people. Liz Jacob said that the new board will be supported by the old board—they will be available to help if needed. Jeff said that people can email or talk to him or Liz if they have any questions. The back of the agenda had board member descriptions. Whoever takes a position will be trained. Jeff mentioned that the PTSO needs chairs for next year too, but we need to fill the board positions first.

Garden Update

Cheryl Fretz gave a garden update. Cheryl said that the district will donate pavers for the walkways. The pollinator bed is in the garden. The garden enrichment program is going well. The enrichment class installed a bee house to attract mason bees. The PTSO purchased a garden shed, and Adam Deglmann, Aaron Rotkowski, and Jeff Jacob built it.

Homeplate/Food Drive Update

The 5th graders started a food drive. It’s going great—the food is overflowing. Kid-friendly food goes directly to kids in our district that take food home on the weekends. The rest of the food collected goes to the Home Plate program. The food drive continues through the end of May.

Meeting adjourned 9:05 AM.

Meeting Minutes 4/3/19

PTSO Meeting April

                                                                                                                                                                                       4/3/19

People in attendance:  Liz Jacob, Jeff Jacob, Michelle Wilson, Sarah Tycast, Shannon Illas, Frances Araujo,  Laurie Hurley, Michelle Engblom-Deglmann, Stephanie Tomlin, Kelly Manning, Bettina Jacobs, Cheryl

Approve March Minutes- approved

Meet Christy Thompson-Running for School Board

Christy is a retired teacher.  She taught biology at Hillsboro High School.  Her children have gone to school in this district.  She volunteered at Athey Creek Middle School and the High School.  She has been volunteering for Wilsonville High School booster club.  She has also participated on researching what a new high school would look like in this school district.  Great love of schools, students and parents.  Has recently subbed in classes.  Would like to focus on priorities for budget, class sizes, helping teachers to get more tools to deal with disruptive behaviors and more mental health supports for schools.  Having parents have a voice in the curriculum-staff development.   Looking at Career and technical education and ways to expand those opportunities for students. 

Principal Update:  Great coming back to school.  Revisiting culture and community-excellence will be awarded every week.  This week we are focusing on recess and building community.  Good way to promote school spirit. 

 Student voice and spirit.  The 5th graders are going to have a food drive.  4th and 5th grade will do spirit week.  1st and 2nd grade are having a friendship table.  One student asked about a running club during recess and having training runs at recess.

  World Culture is April 18th-there are 15 countries represented so far and still time to participate if you would like to present.

School calendar has changed and last day of school will be June 11th.

There will be a music informance for 1st and 2nd grade this month.  3rd and 4th grade will have a concert in May and 5th grade will perform at

Kindergarten registration has begun-will have parent meeting soon.  Also preschool visit to kinder.

Assessments will start for SBAC in May.  Kindergarteners will be screened for dyslexia in June.  We will also start to look at placement for students for Fall.  Will look at school numbers and see what those and staffing look like.  Right now enrollment is at 385 (including preschoolers)

Instructional assistants and teachers will work together on restorative practices during next two professional growth Wednesdays. 

Mrs. Wilson would also like to have some coffee talks with parents.  Hopefully on April 19th from 8-9 am. 

Garden Art Project:  Cannot be mounted on the wall outside.  Looking at having it placed inside until they can find a new place.  Continue to collect caps-we may need more as we go so please continue to send them to school. 

Recap Family Fitness Night:  Fun for kids-Good turnout.  Lots of direct parent involvement in circuits. 

Recap NWCT:  Scheduling with rehearsals was a bit frustrating so hopefully be able to straighten it out for next year.  Difficult to get a hold of.  Costumes were in good shape this year.  NWCT is open to feed back so we should reach out.  Quality of performance is good.  Performance was great-music that went to each piece was a bit confusing.  Difficult to get in touch with people to get information.  Feedback was given last year as well. 

Pizza Bingo Night:  Everything is on track for Pizza Bingo.  Chairs will not be here next year so willing to let people shadow if they have a desire to do it next year let us know.  Repost call for volunteers please.  Two things have been signed up for-and relatively easy.  Reached out to Mrs. Pesicka for help from 5th graders.

  Just a couple of questions about how to get cash boxes and where banners are for pizza bingo.  We need popcorn for the popcorn machine. 

We need a new cooler, if we could get a new one that would be great.  Will pick up one at Costco.

Will hang fliers for Bingo this Friday.  Doors open the 12th at 5:30.   We will hopefully send flier home for preorder this week. 

Fun Run:    Event is May 3rd  Helping to finalize sponsors, will post it again on Facebook. Will need by April 9th.  Trotting for Tech this year.  Lego robotics-money will go towards that.  Also to buy new cameras for yearbook.  Money would also go towards maker corner (engineering supplies.  Line item to support assemblies.  At the kickoff kids will get packets.

April 18th will be Shop for Sunset at Maple Boutique from all of their stores.  This is how they support the Fun Run. 

If anyone would like to volunteer to be Sunny, we love to have him at the event.  We will have water squirters, limbo and bubbles to run through. 

 What is the best way to pass out charms?  If you have any ideas please let us know. 

Teacher/Bus Appreciation Week:   May 6-10, Welcome to Paradise theme.  Coffee and pastry bar, catered lunch.  Dessert bar and snack bar as well.  Got wine for teachers.  Have raffle basket for teachers to try and win.  Will put something on Facebook for request.  Will need volunteers for door decorating-precut door paper.  On sign-up sheet make sure that there is someone to decorate every teacher’s door.  Possibly ask classroom liaisons to ask for volunteers.

 Appreciation station for people to write notes to teachers.  Send out flowers that kids can write on and then be able to put on the doors.  Possibly having someone give the teachers a break so class can do it while the teacher is gone.  If you have any ideas please let us know. 

Open PTSO Board and Chair Positions for 2019/20 school year:

President

Vice President

Treasurer

Volunteer Coordinator

Secretary

  If you are interested in running, please let us know.  Also, if you were the chair of an event this year and would like to continue that next year please let us know. 

Eco Team:  There are 4 teachers and 3 parents on team.  Looking at plastic bag recycling, butterfly parking strips.  Earth Day-planted underwear in the garden to see if it has been eaten we have a healthy garden.  There will be nature inspired art.  We have asked for seeds and bags to go home.  West Linn/Wilsonville school district also has eco team as well.  Looking at reusable trays, silverware.  Hopefully composting lunch scraps. 

Food Drive:   Would like to do a Spring food drive-5th graders will take that on.  Looking at doing something for Home plate.  They are start getting low on things-you can start donating apple sauce and fruit cups now.  Look at doing at the beginning of May. 

Your PTSO dollars at work:  We sponsored the 3rd grade classes in the price difference between a normal ticket to OMSI and a “special exhibit” ticket to view the PIXAR exhibit!

Meeting Minutes from 3/6/29

PTSO  Meeting  March

                                                                                     3/6/19

People in attendance: 

Jeff and Liz Jacob, Sara Rotkowski, Katie Norquist, Amanda Callahan, Kelly Manning, Sarah Tycast, Laurie Hurley, Cheryl Fretz, Michelle Englom-Deglmann, Cara Chace, Erin Weis, Melissa Rayasom, Michelle Bonham, Shannon Ilas, Danalee Corso, Brian Corso, Michelle Wilson

Approval of February Minutes-  approved

Review of Budget

February is pretty quiet.  We deposited a little over $2400 for NWCT money coming in for kids participating.  We’re on budget and we have some things coming this month, Family Fitness Night and NWCT.  More kids signed up this year than last year. 

Garden Art Project

Starting art project with all grades except preschool-but trying to find a way to get them involved.  We are creating a mural for above the garden beds.  We will find a place to mount it in panels, probably of treated wood.  Each student will get a 10×10 square, paint it and then put the recycled design on it.  Monday we got results of designs of what the mural could look like.  The first and fourth options won so Stephanie will make a design that incorporates them both.  We have a parent who can donate treated wood so we will just need particle board and paint and whatever we choose to mount it with. 

 We continue to need recycled materials so please continue to bring them in until April 1st.  The more variety the better.  We will figure out if it will be 3 or 6 panels.    It will be 25 feet long when it is finished and about 8 feet tall. 

Parent asked what volunteers can do.  Stephanie said that they could sort materials by color which would be very helpful.  If people want to volunteer to sort what has come in now it would be great.  Will reach out to classroom liaisons to help gather volunteers. 

Family Fitness Night

Free event about family fitness and nutrition.  Everyone will get a map and assigned a place to start.  Everyone will go to their place and do the circuit and spend 6 minutes at each station.  In the music room there will be a pediatric dentist and a nutritionist.  There will be snacks at the end as people are leaving and cute souvenirs.    It will be about an hour of going through the circuit and then a little cool down with the event ending at 8.  It is not an RSVP event but a come if you can.  We have a lot of people volunteering to come who have ties to Sunset so it will be great to see them working with our Sunset families.  We still need a few volunteers to help set up snacks and the gym.  It would be great to have 4-5 people if possible. 

NWCT

There will be tickets at the door and concessions.  Asked 5th grade teachers for volunteers and will follow up this week.   We still need to figure out the sound system.  Will ask Ms. Wilson or the IT person.  We have volunteers who will come at 2:50. Monday all students will show up after school for rehearsal.  Parents need to send a snack.  There will be crafts for students to do while they wait for their turn.   There will be two dress rehearsals.  We have sent out an email with the songs so they will know how they go.  Performances are next Saturday, March 16th at 2 and 4 pm. 

Pizza Bingo Night

Will be April 12th at 6 pm.  Doors will open at 5:45 and the first game will be at 6:30. We will order ahead of time from Bellagio’s .  We need lots of volunteers- at least 6 people.  Would the 5th graders like to help with drinks and snacks serving.  People will be asked to prepay which makes the event run smoother.  $10/2 players and $5/one player.  Very similar to last year’s event.   Playing bingo, different games, door prizes-usually more winner per round. 

Staff Meal

Michelle Toney is running this year.  We will keep the same as last year-soup, salad dessert.  There are also a couple vegetarian options.  Michelle will pick up bowls.  Signupgenius is coming soon. 

Bond Summit Update

Shannon attended the bond summit.  Attended by 300 people.  They went over what is happening with bond.  There will be a bond on November ballot-for facilities improvements only.  In 2014 Sunset’s new building is a result of that bond.  The new bond does not propose to build a new school in West Linn but they are talking about making security improvements and putting things like air conditioning in every room.  They would also like to expand the parking lot at the high school and stadium seating.  Technology is also on the list of things to improve as well.  At CREST they will add wet labs and green houses at the middle school.    They are also looking at possibly moving Art Tech High School to Athey Creek and then building a new middle school on land that the district owns on Dollar Street.  They may also look at shifting boundaries eventually.  Depending on how much money is raised the district may need to prioritize. 

Home Plate Program

Program through West Linn School district for students who may need food on the weekends.  On Thursday they put together bags for students to take home on the weekends.  Shannon has been putting things on Facebook asking people for donations and we have been getting a lot.  They are delivered to students.  Please keep donations coming.  Usually donations tend to dwindle after the holidays so if we could get people to donate it would be great.

Fill the Jars spending

  1.  We purchased headsets for the 1/2/3 grade classes
  2. We are stocking our new garden with all the supplies our Garden committee and CREST supervisor agreed we would need to have a successful garden!  We always need volunteers. 
  3. Hiring an Art Resident to lead the students in creating a piece of art for our garden.  Our very own Sunset parent, Stephanie Tomlin will be our art resident.

WAY TO GO SUNSET!!  All because of your generous donations!

Family Fitness Night 3/8

Please join us for Family Fitness night this Friday night from 6:30-8:00 pm. We will have circuit stations with coaches, fitness instructors, medical and nutrition professionals.
Wear comfortable clothes and shoes and be ready to move!

Meeting Minutes from 2/6/19

                                             PTSO Meeting

People in attendance

Katie Norquist, Amanda Callahan, Jeff and Liz Jacob, Kelly Manning, Sarah Tycast, Laurie Hurley, Cheryl Fretz, Michelle Engblom-Deglmann, Cara Chace, Erin Weiz, Sara Rotkowski, Melissa Rayasom, Shannon Ilas, Michelle Bonha, Danalee Corso, Brian Coroso and Michelle Wilson

Approve January Minutes:  January minutes approved

Budget

Family breakfast broke even.  The purpose of all family events is to break even.  First check for box tops was $225. 

Principal Update

Missed lion dancers due to snow.  Will not get back this week, but will try to get them to come back.  Tomorrow we will serve spring rolls at lunch and Friday we will have activities at lunch.  World language teacher has been doing activities with the kids.

  Multicultural night in April, with cultures and traditions.  ELD specialist is working with other teachers to plan events and we are encouraging families to sign up to share their traditions.

  STEM fair is on 28th of this month.  Give students opportunity to share their projects during the day and then in the evening.  Now is the time to get started if children want to participate.

  Today for professional growth Wednesday.  There will be 2 every month instead of 1.  One is always facilitated by leadership team and the other is teacher directed.  Focused on data and putting student learning on the table.  Today we looked at reading data-importance of knowing students well and way to support them as readers.  Used research based tools to look for ways to support students.  Helps us to create equitable experiences for all students regardless of which class a child is in.

  Kindergarten is having a new screener to look at dyslexia which is an Oregon statewide mandate.  Will help to find early intervention for students who may have difficulty with reading now or later on.  We continue to work with older students who may be having difficulty with reading.

  Health and wellness curriculum meeting was postponed due to snow.  District has wanted to be responsive to community about teaching the standards.  Second step curriculum pertains to social/emotional learning, bullying, curriculum related to refusal skills (related to Erin’s Law) to protect them from child sexual abuse.  Lessons have been going well.  There are other health and wellness standards to teach but we continue to look for other resources to teach those.  They will also have community meeting for those as well.   Nothing has changed for elementary, but middle and high school has changed.

 Bond summit will happen February 23.  Putting people to work to look at bond, we continue to need 5 families (parents) to volunteer. 

 In the next month or so Michelle would like to set up forum for restorative practices at Sunset.  How we appreciate and enlist your support in our school.  Would like to be open and transparent of behavior supports and practices at school.

  Valentine/Friendship Card Drive

  Message went out on Facebook about left over Valentine’s Day cards.  There is a box by the office to drop them in so that Mollie can help support students who may not have any for one reason or another. 

Lunar Celebration

 We still need 2 more volunteers for Friday’s event (1 more for the morning and 1 for the afternoon).  If we could reach out to classroom liaisons to see if we have any parent volunteers it would be great. 

Family Breakfast recap

  Family breakfast line was much better this year.  Prepaid was great as well.  We had a lot of donations.  We got charged for 30 more people who came.  Felt full, but more comfortable than last year.  Ordered more tables and chairs from district which helped.  We have 40 tables and 400 chairs on site and they help significantly.  Talked about doing flat fee for everyone as opposed to one price for kids and another for adults. 

Family Fitness Night

  March 8th is Family Fitness Night.  This will be the 6th year for Sunset.  It will be in the gym and there will be a circuit for people to go through.  There will be a nutrition room, soccer, Pilates.  There will also be snacks.  Do not need to be an athlete to participate.  Ways to help families be active.   Events will begin at 6:30. Please let us know if you’d like to help.  

NWCT Update

  Auditions went well.  Waiting for email for parts students have.  Play will be very cute-collaboration of Ronald Dahl.  Sounds like it will be more organized than last year.  We need some volunteers.  Times for shows are 2 and 4. 

  We will need volunteers to help tell students when to go on and helping students change costumes.  It would be great to have people trade off so that volunteers can see the show as well.   Shannon will set up Signup Genius to help elicit volunteers.    Also need people to help take money at the door and run concessions.  Need to find out from 5th grade teachers if they would like to use it as a fundraiser.  Possible have students help run the concession.  Money will go towards party at the end of the year. 

Also people to set up popcorn machines, microphones and whatnot. 

Expectations for rehearsals will vary by grade level.  Other kids will stay the whole lime, but other students will stay less time. 

Art Update

Ms. Wilson will talk with teachers.  We continue to need volunteers from classrooms who can help.  We are looking at getting an artist in residence.  Want to make sure that parents are aware of what the commitment will be.  We try to have the larger projects be no longer than an hour at time (ex-mural took 4 hours).  Parents will not necessary be with their child’s class. 

  Art literacy might come in the fall but we would need 1-2 volunteer for garden projects.    Will have students and teachers vote on what the art project should be.  First we need to know who is interested.  

Goal is to have it completed by the Fun Run in May. 

Asked if we recycle glue sticks or Crayola markers.  Michelle said if we had volunteers that would be great.  Will check with eco team to see if that would be a next step. 

Garden Update

    Garden has evolved and has put together list of things that we would need.  Becky at Crest is putting together proposal so they can look at what curriculum it would touch on.  Also trying to align it so that the students would use it.

  Also looking at composting but trying to figure out what we can do with food scraps.  We are buying most of what we need this next week.  We need volunteers.  Becky would like to add an enrichment class after school. 

  We can also look to Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts to volunteer for things in the garden as well.   

Liz said that at Trillium was that students having job of helping compost.  Michelle said that having a waste audit so that kids know what can be composted and what can not

Upcoming Events

March 8th  6:30-8pm  Family Fitness Night

March 11-15  NWCT Rehearsals

March 16th 2 and 4 pm  NWCT performance

March 20th  2nd and 3rd grade families provide staff meals for conferences

March 25th-29th Spring Break

Meeting Minutes 1/9/19

PTSO Meeting

                                                                                    1/9/19

People in attendance: 

Liz Jacob, Jeff Jacob, Aaron Rotkowski, Polly Meek, Sarah Tycast, Laura Ausley, Amanda Callahan, Frances Araujo, Sam Burton, Michelle Engblom-Deglmann, Cara Chace, Cheryl Fretz, Katie Norquist, Michelle Wilson, Heather Goodrich, Claire Riley, Michelle Bonham, Shannon Ilas

Approve December Minutes:   December minutes approved

Sunset Park

  Next planning meeting for Sunset Park is January 29th at 7pm.  Ken, planner for park came to speak about current layout.  They have been working with neighborhood association.  People would like some kind of water feature.  Needs to be recirculating due to needles from trees that would get caught in drains.   There are some trees that need to be removed during construction.

There will be two new restrooms and a new shelter.  There will be some climbing structures, water feature, sitting areas and log climbers.  Water feature will be fresh water. There will also be a rock fort feature. Different types of log steppers.  They would also like to make willow cave, can also use reclaimed water for that as well.  There will also be loose parts things so that kids can build structures.  However, not so loose so that someone gets hurt. 

Cathedral playground, lots of substantial posts, slides, different access ways and access materials.  Slides will be metal instead of plastic.  There will also be a zip line.  Also looking to put gardens in around tennis court.  They are working with safe routes to school.  Park will be secure and safer.  Will extend sidewalk on a couple of the streets.  Whole park will be ADA accessible. 

Restrooms will face inside of the park and will look similar to Hammerle

Hoping that it will go out to bid in mid-February.  Would like to have completed early or mid-summer.  The more money that we can put into the park the better it will be.  Asking for volunteers and then this will help to cut down costs and allow more money to go into materials as opposed to labor for park. There will be some smaller projects that might be good for Eagle Scout projects and some other planting projects. 

Principal update

Mrs. Wilson said there was a nice welcome back this week.  Kids were happy to be at school.  Good community building.  Teaching and learning.  Next week is Anxiety 101, here in the library.  Sponsored by PTSO. 

Chinese New Year is coming up at the end of the month.  It will be a daytime event.  More of a celebration for the kids.

STEM at the end of February.  Going to push the science fair more this year.  More information coming out soon. 

Teachers were excited to get new headphones.  Kids made poster as a thank you.  They have been using with Redbird (math supplement)

Art/Garden update

Working on thinking about art.  Art literacy and garden art project.  Very interested in getting something going that is sustainable.  Having parents trained so that they can help as well.  There is an art committee, 15 lesson plans for each grade.  Resident artist to come in and help teach.  There was also an idea for garden art.  Sara met with them in December and then met with Ms. Wilson about what would work.  We will have parent led art lessons and try to do an artist in residency when we can find a volunteer (more for the garden).  PTSO will vote to approve funding and then Michelle will check in with teachers so that they know how much time they would need to make in the day.  Michelle says that teachers feel that once a month would be sustainable. 

Aaron said that needs of the teachers may be different so that we can customize for each one.  Classroom liaisons will help to find parent volunteers.  Parents would volunteer to put in lessons.  Working out how we would fund, would PTSO fund all or some.  Michelle reports that they have many of the materials so we may only have to pay for the artist in residence.  Also discussed project for 5th graders so that they can leave their legacy behind.  Liz asked about what happened to tiles from last year.  Michelle said that she would talk with Ms. Pesicka and see what they will do.

Jeff asked if we would be ready to ask for volunteers and an artist in residence.  Aaron said we are just days to weeks away as opposed to being weeks to months away.  Letting parents know about the time commitment would be helpful.  Possibly a once a week with the artist in residence.  If we did in February-March.  Art literacy would start in March for monthly art projects.  Then next year we would be able to begin in September.

Family Breakfast

 January 25th is breakfast, 6:45-7:45 am.  Caterers are locked in.  There will be a craft activity. Polly will be meeting with Michelle and Willow tomorrow morning to settle on what.  There is a volunteer sign up.  Flyer will come out so that we can edit and inform parents.  Flyer will do presale.  If there can be a slip on the bottom so that families can send it back and get ready.  Sarah said that she would check in and see if she had flyer from last year.  Will reorganize with two lines so that it won’t be so long.    Often a family tradition, we have grandparents who come with their grandchildren-so people enjoy this.  Asked if Sunny will make an appearance for the breakfast.  He was there last year and it could be a possibility. 

NWCT

 Have two directors.  Two volunteers for auditions.  Going to have students audition by grade level K-1(2:30-3:25), 2-3 (3:30-4:25) and 4-5(4:30-5:30). They can audition on either January 24th or 25.

Kids can do whatever they would like for an audition.  Takes about 45 minutes.  Anyone can audition. 

There will two shows one on Friday and then one on Saturday.  Will check show times.  Hopefully matinee on Saturday, evening show on Friday.  They will bring sets and costumes the week before.  We will need volunteers to go through and organize.  Shannon said that she can help with that.  Sheet will ask you to volunteer if your child is in it.

 Cost is $45/child to participate.  There are also scholarships available if need be.  Microphones have been fixed.

We need to do a program.  Had ideas to have kids make cover art.

Financial Update

Received more money from Kid Kreations which put us up to $2900.  Got $1550 for Eagle Drive.  On movie night we did not lose any money which was perfect.

Expenses $1427 were spent on headphone.  The others were expenses for teachers.  Should also get some for Amazon smiles.

Also just received a check for box tops. 

Giving

Eagle Drive:  We received $1550 dollars, all of which went back to families in our community.

Canned food drive:  Shannon talked about West Linn Food Pantry, just need to be able to show that you live in West Linn.  She helps with children’s programs, food for the weekend.  She helps to pack those bags.  She will ask what our final total amount we donated.  She asked if they had any other needs.  They also have a need over the summer.  We could possibly have another drive later in the year.  They also keep track of dates and cans keep up to 2 years after expiration dates so you can also donate those as well. 

Upcoming Events:

January 24th  and January 25th (times the same on both days) NWCT Auditions  K-1 (2:30-3:25), 2-3 (3:30-4:25) and 4-5 (4:30-5:30)

January 25th Family Breakfast 6:45-7:45 am

February 6th PTSO Meeting 6:30-7:30

February 6th Classroom Liaison Meeting (5:45-6:25)

March 11-15th NWCT Rehearsals 2:30-8:00 pm (exact times to be determined)

March 15th   NWCT Dress Rehearsals 2:20-6:30

March 16th NWCT Performances 3:00 pm and 5:00 pm