December Meeting 12/03
03 December 2019 / 8:00 AM / Library
Full Meeting can be viewed on Facebook Live
President: Erin Weis, Vice President: Clare Bean, Treasurer: Stephan Fretz, Secretary: Laurie Hurley, Heather Kost, Sarah Duffin, Sheryl Montour
Meeting called to order at 8:00 AM.
November Minutes approved.
- Review Budget and Fundraising 2019-2020 Stephan Fretz
- State Tax Filing was approved
- Additional income for Fill the Jars has come in making the total $5,081 surpassing the $4,000 goal
- Classroom Purchases & Requests Erin Weis
- Working with IT to move ahead and purchase classroom headphones
- Sufficient funds to purchase about 15 Lego Kits. Looking into if Lego provides grants or deals for school purchases for additional kits.
- 4th grade has requested funds for OMSI to come to Sunset for a 4th grade presentation on Earthquakes. ($300)
- Continuing to work with Michelle and Willow regarding assistance for all school assemblies.
- Northwest Children’s Theater Heather Kost & Sheryl Montour
- Auditions: January 23&24
- Rehearsals March 20 – April 3
- Performance: April 4
- Flyers going home before winter break
- Looking into having one video made for purchase and pictures
- New Chairs planning to continue to work with NWCT:
- see if script can be received sooner
- rehearsal schedule can be tweaked so smaller groups of students can be there
- Specific ideas for students when they are not rehearsing
- TBD January or February Movie Night
- Needs a chair
- Looking at dates that work
- Interest has been expressed for turning it into a parents night out
Upcoming Fundraisers Erin Weis
- Kids Kreation
- Sorting will be done Friday Dec 6
- Amazon Smile
- Remember to Log into Amazon Smile while doing your holiday shopping. Select Sunset and a percentage of your purchase will come back to Sunset
- TIP: If you start shopping on the app and have things in the cart, it will remember what is in your cart when you log on to Amazon Smile.
Online School Spirit Wear COMING in JANUARY
- Using a new company
- Bulk orders will be placed once a month
- Look for reminders
We need chairs for multiple upcoming events. Without chairs these fun events for the school cannot happen. You do not need to do it alone. Co-chair an event with a friend. The Board is happy to help you with these events.
- Family Breakfast
- Movie Night
- Fun Run