June 8, 2016
Attendance: Darcy Peak, Becky Wilson, Susie Morgan, Sarah Tycast, Lisa Hawking, Heather Goodrich, James Compton, Amber Duncan
Meeting called to order by President Darcy Peak.
Financial report by Becky Wilson. May is reconciled, not much from June outstanding. Reviewed budget for this year, overall within budget pending receipts coming in at the end of the school year. Reviewed line items for 2016-2017 budget. Motion was made to pass the budget with minor changes agreed upon by those present. Budget was approved.
FUN RUN – huge success – raised almost $18,000. Writing a check for $16K for 60 Chromebooks- this means we are only 3 classes away from one-to-one for technology!
Pizza Bingo – same attendance, sold a few less pizzas. Budget adjusted accordingly for next year.
Draft 2016-2017 Calendar – several notable shifts:
- Back-to-School Picnic – at Sunset Park instead of school field (will be under construction)
- Fall Fill the Jars Campaign to move up to end of September. Will kick off at Curriculum Night 9/22 and send home info the next day.
- October: Conclusion fall fundraiser.
- Missoula Children’s Theater – will go through PTSO and need a parent coordinator to find a family to host and to make sure there is a parent is here for rehearsals. Becky and Susie will co-chair!! Many thanks to them.
- Read to Us Week to coincide with the Book Fair and Literacy Month/Reading Challenge (goal-oriented rather than volume, in line with goal-setting conferences).
- February: Family Fitness Night (was April this year)
- Fun Run earlier in the year – Kickoff Feb 10 and event March 3 – will be inside (field under construction)
PTSO Meeting Scheduling – has been 1st Thursdays, alternating morning and evenings but looking to see what works for people. Mr. Minor will help us send out a survey to the list-serv to get parent input as to scheduling.
Past events not currently done – Dine Out Night- at Bolton, this was successful on a night when couple with a music concert evening. Will try and coordinate this for upcoming school year once Mr. Compton has the concernt schedule. School Supply Drive – done in past but negative feedback.
Recycling program – June 18 upcoming meeting.
We are going to register for Amazon Smile!! Will send out info when we are officially up.
PARENT NEEDS: Garden Help – transitioning to using this as a playspace. The Allen Family has been helping but are moving out of state. Work on creating a group of families with 1-2 leads to work this summer, start with killing weeds/beds and changing to play spaces.
Ideas for new Sunset Swag – move inventory leftover but next year come up with something new for new school year.
Audit – will be this summer, Darcy to schedule.
By-laws – currently there is term limit of 2 years then rotate off or to a different position. The current situation is that we have 2 Board members who are at their term limit but we do NOT have volunteers willing to come on and take over their positions as Treasurer and Volunteer Coordinator. Both Becky Wilson and Amber Duncan willing to stay on for a 3rd year. Language change made and approved.
President – Sarah Tycast
VP – Susie Morgan (year #2)
Co- Secretary – Heather Goodrich and Emily Gilbo
Treasurer – Becky Wilson (year #3)
Volunteer Coordinator – Amber Duncan (year #3)
Motion made to approve each board member. All were passed unanimously.
Meeting was adjourned.